vilja

Vilja Reads

I'm a student, so I don't have nearly as much time for leisure reading as I'd like. If I manage to read an entire course book instead of just the assigned chapters, I'll review that here, too.

The Snow-Kissed Bride (Harlequin Romance)

The Snow-Kissed Bride (Harlequin Romance) - Linda Goodnight Started reading this to expand my education on romance novels to... two... so I'll have read one historical and one contemporary.

Gosh, what drivel. I'm starting to appreciate the one I read before a bit more. Worst bit:

John showed her the other kids and then photos of his entire family, telling funny stories from childhood. Melody found herself laughing along with him.

John North was a pretty fun guy.

He was a pretty fun guy.

Despite this, I loathed the guy. Perhaps this is just me. The hero in The Wicked Ways of a Duke was ridiculous, but this guy is so red-white-and-blue it makes me want to barf.

Both authors over-use the word "masculine", but where Laura Lee Ghurke overused "golden masculine beauty" and "luscious", Linda Goodnight overuses "sexy". That should already tell you something. Also, her heroine has silvery eyes with gold flecks, which the hero notices from across the room. Because you can so see a person's eye colour from across the room. And her eyes are way too Mary Sue for "grey".

I know these things aren't supposed to be high art, but this is just ridiculous.