I almost - almost
- gave this book a second star just for Naddy, Alex's skinny-dipping, male-stripper-groping, case-solving grandmother, but then I took it away for not making the whole book all about Naddy. That's just criminal.
Comprehensive list of cowboy facts I learned from this book:
1. Being a cowboy is genetic.
2. Once a cowboy, always a cowboy.
3. Once a cowboy falls off the saddle, he just dusts up and gets back on again.
4. A cowboy always finishes what he begun.
5. All cowboys drive trucks.
6. Cowboys are fussy about their trucks.
7. Cowboys always wear their boots, except to bed. They even wear them to the beach.
8. Cowboys hang out in cowboy bars.
9. The way to put a broken cowboy back together again is with the love of a good woman.
10. Cowboys aren’t sissies.
11. Cowboys use the term “cowboy up” to mean “pull oneself together”.
12. To a cowboy, “baling the coastal in your lower bottom” doesn’t sound dirty.
13. Cowboys think that five minutes in the missionary position with a woman who gets an orgasm out of it is “wild” and “magnificent”.
I think that's about it.